Book Review: Spaniard's Seduction by Tessa Radley

Spaniard's Seduction (The Saxon Brides, #2) (Silhouette Desire, #1907)Spaniard's Seduction (The Saxon Brides, #2) by Tessa Radley

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed Tessa Radley's writing style in this book. This is the first and only one in the "Saxon Brides" series I've read and I think the series would be worth reading.

Spaniard's Seduction is about Rafaelo Carreras, Marques de Las Carreras, who's on the path of revenge against his (real) father. Usually, I don't find revenge plots too appealing, but by staying away from the usual cliche, I think Tessa Radley was able make her hero's need for revenge believable.

Her descriptives are effective and her characters are relatable. I was so engrossed in the story that I found myself reading the hero's lines in a Spanish accent. There were a couple of pleasant surprises in the book (for me), the most important being the way the author handles the black moment (any more and I'll be giving away too much).

One aspect of the heroine's conflict, I felt should have been introduced a little earlier (again, any more and I'll be giving away too much), but that is so negligible most readers will probably not notice. Also, there was a little too much attention on another couple (Joshua and Alyssa whom I guessed were the h/h of Book 1 and later confirmed through an internet search).

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SIGN UP: #CoverReveal - EXPECTING TY'S BABY by Empi Baryeh | @empibaryeh #WTMOreads